Monday, February 21, 2005

Underrataed.

Usually I listen to classic rock or alternative music, but depending on the situation sometimes I'm forced to listen to something else. A good example of this is when I'm at home. Obviously your parents tend to have different taste in music. Usually they don't want to listen to a 5 min guitar solo or hear some offensive language, that's understandable I guess. My parents tend to turn to what a lot of people call classics. People like Sinatra, Dean Martin, Jerry Vale, and Tony Bennett. Basically, the kind of music you hear on mob movies.
A lot of people today think this music is cheesy, and I can't disagree, a lot of it is, but some of it isnt bad. I typically hear this music on a Sunday afternoon when my mom's cooking pasta, so I guess the atmosphere is right. Despite some ridiculous lyrics this music is pretty good. Good backing music, good voices. A few Sundays ago the song "that's amore" was on. I heard the words "moon hit your eye like a big pizza pie" and thought it was really stupid, but I kept listening, and if I didn't like the words, I liked the music in the background. There's a few redeedming qualities to songs like this. So, if your folks put some Sinatra on, listen to it for at least a little, while you're eating some linguini with clam sauce and a nice antipasto.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kori said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

February 21, 2005 at 3:05 PM  
Blogger Kori said...

I have to say that you're lucky your parents listen to stuff like that because I would be thrilled if mine did. Instead, my parents listen to country music which needless to say, makes me want to kill myself. Okay, maybe that's a bit harsh, some of it is ok and I can tolerate it and maybe even sing along, but I like good country music like Johnny Cash, not the dumbness that's out these days like "She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy", I mean give me a break. I got to respect people like Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin. That music started a revolution. They always make me think of old mob movies or like old romance movies where the music comes in just as the man and the woman are about to kiss. That music may have lyrics which may be senseless to us, but I wonder what Frank Sinatra would think after hearing something like "She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy". I think he'd agree with me! ha!
February 21, 2005

February 21, 2005 at 3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home